My first recorded mix. I figured I was playing a lot of music, doin sweet stuff, so I might as well save it. I hooked up the decks to my Gentoo box running a newly compiled Audacity. The tracks are more or less random, though recognizable, and I’d say it’s uptempo, if not danceable, overall. If you need appx. 2 hrs of music and don’t feel like committing anything, this might be your lucky day.
About half an hour through I was graced by the presence of a somewhat inebriated Mr. Oltman, who had some interesting requests. I did what I could to make it work, but bear with the rest of it. It’s way more fun to mix with an audience, even if it’s just one. We had fun, so just think about that when it gets ugly 😉
Tracklisting (Spoiler Alert!)
Highlight it for a better view.
- Mr. Scruff – Get a Move On
- David Snell – International Flight
- Hooverphonic – Electro Shock Faders
- Ladyhawke – Paris is Burning
- New Young Pony Club – Ice Cream
- Snoop Dogg – Sensual Seduction (Some Dance Mix of)
- Kid Cudi vs Crookers – Day n Nite (club mix)
- Mr. Oizo – Flat Beat
- Daft Punk – Phoenix
- Chemical Brothers – Hey Boy, Hey Girl
- Groove Armada – Superstylin’
- Kanye West – Love Lockdown
- Smashing Pumpkins – 1979 (New Originals mix)
- Benny Benassi feat. Sir Mixalot – Benny Got Back (Bass211 mix)
- John Legend and Andre 3000 – Green Light (MSTRKRFT mix)
- The Police – Roxanne (DiscoTech mix)
- The Glimmers – Cassette
- The Faint – Let the Poison Spill From Your Throat
- The Rapture – Olio
- Death From Above 1979 – Romantic Rights
- The Prodigy vs OutKast – Hey Ride
- Pink Grease – Superfool
- Spank Rock – Bump
- The Sneaker Pimps – Kiro TV
- The Prodigy – Warrior’s Dance
- Elite Force – Ghetto Fabulous
- Groove Armada – I See You Baby (Fatboy Slim mix)
- Royksopp – Eple (Shakedown mix)
- The Avalanches – Live at Dominoes
- Ragtyme – Fix It Man
- Kid Cudi – Maui Wowie
- dZihan and Kamien – Before
- At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to keep the recording, so I was just futzing around at the beginning. International Flight was only in there for like a minute.
- I really like Mr. Oizo’s Flat Beat into Phoenix; it works really well for a minimal beat mix.
- Hey Boy, Hey Girl was a silly choice that I just included for the “Superstar DJs” lyric irony. I remember really not liking the transition into Superstylin’.
- The Smashing Pumpkins to Benny Got Back cut was intentionally horrendous and sudden; I only did it to make Oltman lol, and it worked. Ben lol’d too, so I hope you can appreciate it.
- I hope you caught the Green Light-Roxanne joke (Green Light && !Red Light). I don’t know if the humor makes up for the lame mix.
- The Rapture to DFA1979 was a 25 bpm differential mix, so I ain’t ashamed.
- I was really pleased with the Eple (Shakedown) and The Avalanches’ match. To the point where I _know_ I played with it too much, but that’s a mashup waiting to happen.
- I got to use Ragtyme’s 1987 track Fix It Man. Took me forever to find the vinyl rip and it’s one of my faves.
- I wish Kid Cudi didn’t have stock audio of farts peppering his new (unreleased) album.
- dzihan and kamien bring us home with one of my old tyme favorites.
Anyway, the tracklisting and notes are good for me as they solidify the mix. I hope the tracklisting works for you. DJing’s not magic and I don’t intend on keeping secrets. If you need help finding any tracks, hit me up in the comments or email.